Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brittney Fox Watts

I think I mentioned before that Logan has a Rockabye Baby Cd of the "Beatles."  It's been months since I've listened to it because is usually fills me with emotions from Logan's first year that make me sad.  For some reason last night though, I stuck that cd in for that very reason...I wanted to let myself be sad.  I debated writing about this topic, but I can't get it out of my head.  I was not close friends with Brittney Fox Watts...in fact, it's probably been a few years since I've even seen her.  We went to high school at Roswell and were AXOs at UGA together.  I don't want to sound like I knew her well before her death, but I can't seem to get her life out of my head these days.  The senseless act that took her life will forever impact those people close to her, and I can't imagine what they are going through.  When I attended Brittney's funeral last week, it was amazing to see so many people there showing support for the Fox and Watts families who lost a sister, a daughter, and a wife.  It also made me really proud of our Roswell community.  It didn't matter what people were doing on a Tuesday morning or how long it took them to get there, they knew where they needed to be.

I am overwhelemed with saddness for the people who loved her so dearly.  At this point, when so little time has passed since her death, I don't know if they find comfort in knowing how much she impacted the lives of the people around her.  It sounds so cliche, but Brittney really lived life to the fullest and like everyday could be her last. Just seeing pictures of her with friends and listening to the words people use to describe her, it is obvious that she was like a ray of sunshine with so much life to live and so much love to give.  I am inspired to be a better person because of her and I barely knew her! I've found myself in situations this past week and tried to be more like Brittney.  Her best friend, Adrienne, wrote a beautiful message about the wonderful things Brittney shared with the world.  Her words now encourage me to "smile a little brighter, think more creatively, speak a little bolder, and definitely live more adventurously."

No comments: