Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Cadillac of Crawling Tracks


Logan's Supreme Crawling Track...Thank you John and Julie!

Staple gun: $16.97
Wood and hardware:  $30.22
Vinyl and carpet padding: $61.32
John and Julie's help to build Logan a crawling track:  Priceless

I think this crawling track is going to change our lives!  Once Logan gets mobile, there will be no turning back...it will be time to finally baby proof the house : ) Sherri was able to bring over another client's crawling track for us to see and use for a few days.  Logan used it last Wednesday at his therapy session and showed some good signs that he would catch on pretty quickly.   The track was at about a 20 degree angle (using the hard part of the couch under the cushion to prop it up).  By no means did Lo take off at top speed, but Sherri showed me how to move both of his arms and then kind of pull under his armpits to help him get the idea of crawling.  I also placed my hand against his feet to help him push off and thrust forward.  Towards the end of the session, he was really getting it.

We practiced all last week on the borrowed track, but knew it would have to go back on Monday.   Fortunately, my wonderful friend Julie, who teaches next door to me, offered to help build a track especially for Logan.  Knowing Olin's handiness (he hates changing lightbulbs), I took her up on the offer! (Sorry honey!)  She and her husband, John, went all out on this new piece of equipment for Logan.  I don't think there's another kid out there with a better track!  Not only is it functional, but it matches the decor in our den : ) Julie even bought me brown paint so that I could paint the wood on the sides to match!  I know I say it all the time, but we are so lucky to have so many people around us who love Logan so much and want to help him in any way they can.  We truly are grateful for everyone's extra love and support as we learn new things raising a special needs' child.  You can click on the link to his video...for some reason it would not upload.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7pCKDC8jgc

No comments: