Thursday, February 24, 2011

"All Nighters" Aren't What They Used to Be

Is it Friday yet? Almost!  Even with Monday as a holiday (teacher workday for me), this week has gone on forever.  Maybe that's partly due to the "all nighter" that Logan pulled on Tuesday.  I am so serious when I say that he was still awake from the night before when I left for work Wednesday morning!  We still can't figure out what it was...he's still got some of the congestion from the ear infection, but I can't imagine how that would've kept him up all night!  Olin claims that I clipped his fingernails too short, and I say that he made his bath water too hot.  I thinkg we were looking for something/someone to blame at one o'clock in the morning.  At one point (3:30-4:30) we just put him in the Jumperoo and let him bounce around while we closed our eyes.  I kept watching the hours pass and get closer to 5:00 (when my alarm goes off).  I really wanted to cry when it finally did!  Logan's babysitter was so sweet the next day though.  She offered to keep him for the night so that we could get some rest!  We didn't take her up on the offer that night, but I said we would if he pulled this again on Wednesday.   Luckily, he didn't, and my eyes opened to full capacity this morning. 

The suppositories and enemas continue to be a highlight at the Arnold house.  Enemas are always on bath nights so tonight was a lucky night.  I regret always talking about poop, but it's a top priority these days : )  Funny thing happened tonight though (caution...the following story is a bit graphic). Olin (God Bless him for being the enema inserter) had done the procedure, and we were waiting patiently for the results.  It was taking longer than we expected so we had kind of relaxed.  But then...all of the sudden...Logan shot out a poop like a rocket ship.  I swear it went a foot in the air.  I've never seen Olin react to anything more quickly in my life.  He jumped back so fast that he almost knocked me over.  I was rolling on the floor!  It was like a poisonous snake was about to bite him or something...they way he got out of its way : )  It still makes me laugh to think about it. 

Therapy is continuing to go well.  Logan practiced holding two little balls in each hand and knocking them together.  It's hard for him to do something different with each hand.  He usually drops one of the balls and tries to put the other in his mouth.  I posted a few videos so you can see what he's working on.  I was so excited to watch him open and close the little animal pop up toy.  He's beginning to understand cause and effect which is really fun to watch.  I'm so antsy for him to start scooching and inch worming.  I know he's not going to be like 15 years old and still unable to crawl, but sometimes it feels like it will never happen.  Patience, patience, patience, I know. 

I couldn't be more grateful for the weekend.  Even though it will mostly be spent doing school work, Grumps and ZuZu are visiting on Saturday morning.  I thinking about trying to steal a nap while they're here! 










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this story and love the videos!

Kelly said...

Yay! You know, Hank never did learn how to shut the lids and pop them back open...

The Arnolds said...

Thanks Mary!

Clear Creek Farm said...

Arnolds;

Yall are in my prayers. One of my techs(a single monther) has a 5 year old that she has been doing this to her son every other day with his disease because he hasn't been a good candidate for the surgery.

Be sure to lean on each other every day and hug that adorable baby! Good luck.

Danielle Person Nixon