Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting Ready for The Big "One"

It's been really nice having the week off because of snow and ice to get ready for Logan's first birthday party.  Yes, I am being a little bit pyscho about the details, but a 1st birthday only happens once, right?  My mom keeps reminding me that this is just a birthday party not a wedding.  I guess I kind of figure that if Logan never gets to have a wedding, then every year his birthday will be like one : ) We are finishing the year out with a Curious George themed party.  I just finished a poster that has all of his monthly pictures with George all lined up from one month to one year.  It's really crazy to see how much he has grown (well, all except for his feet).   I swear they are the same size as when he was born!

I was inspired by our art teacher at school to make cookie favors.  So I ordered online what was labeled a "pilgrim" hat to make "man in the yellow hat" cookies.  They came out looking pretty good, but now I can't get them into the baggies without the stupid black stripe peeling off.  Hopefully, if I leave them out tonight, the icing will dry out but the cookies won't turn into cement.  I guess it's the thought that counts.

I'm wondering if Logan will attempt to mash his hand in his little monkey cake tomorrow.  I hope that he does.  We were at Logan's little buddy's first birthday party today and the little guy was just going to town on his cake.  Too cute.  Well, not so conveniently, the cleaning ladies will be coming on Monday (ice kept them away this week) so Olin and I have some work to do in the morning.  I hope tomorrow goes as I have dreamed it up in my head.  I know probably should lower my expectations a little, but oh well.  I'm excited anyways.  Happy Birthday Logan!

No comments: