Monday, January 17, 2011

Birthday Party Success...check!

My high expectations for Logan's first birthday party were met and exceeded yesterday.  It was a wonderful day that I'll never forget.  One image that stands out in my mind was when Logan was in his high chair and "Happy Birthday" echoed through the dining room, I looked around and saw a packed house full of people who love this little guy so much!  It really kind of took my breath away.  All of the planning and preparation paid off...the yellow hat cookies were a success (I finally figured out how to get the icing to stay put)...the food was delicious (we had just enough!)...and the company was fantastic (I think we had about 35 people in all). 

Logan was the best behaved birthday boy as well.  I don't know what I'll do if I have another baby that cries all of the time.  Logan definitely spoils us in that regard.  Fortunately he had a good morning nap, but still, he was totally content with people in his face and being passed around for about 3 hours!  Not once did he even make the notion to cry.  He's awesome.  His face was priceless when everyone sang to him.  It was like he knew everyone was there for him.  He was the king in his throne! 

We defnitely have more toys than we have space for now : )  It's great though.  I think we'll pack some up and take them to Sally (his babysitter) so Logan and Holt can play with them during the day.  Holt is his buddy (born in August).  Sally says they "talk" to each other all day long.  Logan also got lots of adorable spring clothes.  Just what he needed too.  I can't believe he's pretty much in 18-24 month sizes already.  I had jeans on him for most of the party, but the poor boy just doesn't do pants with buttons very well.  We unbuttoned and unzipped about halfway through the party!  We got lots of fun pictures of him banging in his monkey cake.  The frosting was well-received and after a little guiding of his hand, he made a great mess like any other one year-old.

I guess it's back to reality (work) tomorrow.  Let's see...we've had nine days in a row off.  It's going to be like the first day of school all over again.   The kids had only been back from Christmas break for three days before the snow and ice hit.  Luckily, it's a short week.  MLK day today and off on Friday.   Should be doable.

No comments: